Applicability and third-party websites and services
We may collect your personal information in the following ways:
Types of Information we may collect:
You may be asked to submit personal information when you visit our The Insurance Investigators. This includes your name, date of birth, street address, e-mail address and phone number. We may collect other information from you such as IP address, geolocation, device ID, date/time stamp, browsing behavior and click-through activity. We may also collect information from data aggregators or publicly available databases.
How we may use the information we collect.
Personal information and other information collected by The Insurance Investigators may be used to achieve several goals. First, The Insurance Investigators will use such information to deliver products and services. We may also use personal information to send relevant communications, to provide relevant marketing messages, and to improve our goods and services. We may also combine your information with publicly available information or information collected by trusted third parties to get to know you better.
Targeted Ads and Analytics Services
Cookies and Other Technology
Your Choices regarding collection of your information.
The Insurance Investigators gives visitors to The Insurance Investigators choices regarding their personal information. We do not require visitors and users of our Site to provide us with personal information. When you voluntarily provide us with this information, you consent to our collection and processing of that information. You may exercise the following choices:
- You may choose to not provide The Insurance Investigators with your personally identifiable information (PII).
- You may adjust your browser settings to refuse or decline cookies.
- You may unsubscribe from targeted and other marketing and promotional emails and other communications with us by using the “Unsubscribe” link in those messages.
- The Insurance Investigators does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
California Privacy Rights:
The Insurance Investigators is intended for general audiences and is not intended for children under the age of 13. Please reach out to us at [email protected] if you believe we have collected, or we are collecting personal information from a child under 13. If we become aware or receive notice that we have inadvertently collected this type of information, we will delete the information we have collected.
Personal Information Transferred to the U.S.
The Insurance Investigators is located in the United States, and The Insurance Investigators is intended for users in the United States. When you visit our website, you understand and acknowledge that your personal information may be collected and processed within the United States.
For more information about our privacy practices at The Insurance Investigators, please contact out to us at [email protected] .
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA): Rights, provisions to consumer and other mandatory information
Consumer rights awarded by CCPA:
- The right to request disclosure of the company’s business data collection and sales practices in relation to the customer, which include: the categories of personal information the company has collected, and the source of the information.
- The right to request that the consumer’s personal information not be sold to third parties, if applicable.
- The right not to be discriminated against because the consumer exercised any of the new rights under The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). The right to request a copy of personal information collected by the company about him or her during the 12 months before their request. The right to have such information deleted by the company.
Privacy practices and details associated with CCPA-
- The process for making a request through either channel is available here. The company will respond within 45 days and no later than 45 days of receiving a personal information request. A list of all the categories of personal information that have been collected in the past 12 months is available in the “Types of Information We May Collect” section.
- The categories of personal information sold in the past 12 months are available in the “Types of Information we may collect” section.
- The company collects information from the requesting consumer so that it can verify his/her identity.
- The sources of each category of personal information are as follows: data partners, data brokers, user-entered data, and from data obtained via cookies.
- The company provides a page/link titled “Do Not Sell My Personal Information,”. The consumer can opt out of having his or her information sold. This link can be accessed in the footer of The Insurance Investigators home page.
- The categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose in the past 12 months for purposes related to: Auditing, verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service, and detecting security incidents. performing services on behalf of the business, product/service troubleshooting, undertaking internal research for product/service/technology development.
- The company provides a channel for receiving personal requests: a web page. Consumer will be able to make a personal information request twice in a 12-month period Purposes for using each category of collected information can be reviewed in the section ‘How we may use the collected information’.